How to Downgrade 64-bit iDevice to iOS 12.0-12.1.2 with SHSH2 Using 3uTools
Restore or Downgrade iOS12.0 – 12.1.2 with 3utools
A new version is out and 3uTools finally released with the long-awaited downgrading feature, downgrade 64-bit iDevices with SHSH2. This tutorial will guide
1. This feature is only available on iOS 11 to 12.1.2 iDevices.
2. The downgrading operation will not save any data, please back up your device in advance.
3. There are risks to downgrade with SHSH2, so this downgrading feature is recommended for experienced users.
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8/ 8 Plus
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPad 12.9-inch iPad pro 2nd generation
- iPad 12.9-inch iPad pro 1st generation
- 10.5-inch iPad pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad 6th generation
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad Air 2
- iPod touch 6th generation
1. Download the SHSH2 (of the iOS version you want to downgrade) you saved before on 3uTools or another tool.
2. Download NonceReboot12XX ipa file.
3. Download the iOS firmware you want to downgrade on https://ipsw.me
- If you saved SHSH2 file saved on 3uTools server:
If you never uninstall 3uTools, you could find the SHSH2 files in 3uTools’ cache folder.
Right-click 3uTools icon → click “Open file location”, and open “cache” folder, scroll down to find the right SHSH2 files of iOS version you want to downgrade.
- If you saved SHSH2 file saved on Tsssaver server:
Set generator nonce with NonceReboot12XX ipa
Step 1 Install ipa with latest version of Cydia Impactor. Go to Settings > General > Device Management, and open the just installed profile, and trust the developer.
Step 2 Enable Airplane mode on your iDevice, close Siri and reboot your iDevice.
Step 3 Open shshe2 file using any text viewer (eg. notepad)
Step 4 Search for <key>generator</key> and look beside it for actual key (eg. <string>0XXXXXXYYYYYYY</string>.
Step 5 Tap NonceReboot12XX on your device, and enter the above key code, and
Step 6 Rename the SHSH2 file to .shsh from .plist.
Downgrade with SHSH2 using 3uTools
Step 1 Connect your iDevice to 3uTools and go to Flash & JB → Advanced, and click Download 64-bit iDevice.
Step 2 Read the popup carefully and click Select IPSW → Select SHSH, and double check the generator
Step 3 Select SHSH2 file, double check the generator
Step 4 Confirm the connection between iDevice and PC, patiently wait for 20 to 40 minutes. Your iDevice will be restored to unsigned iOS 12.0 – 12.1.2 then.